Summer is coming to a close, and it’s time to usher in the cool weather and vibrant foliage of fall. With all the spooky Halloween decorations, great weather, and extravagant Turkey Day feasts, Autumn easily tops the list as one of the best seasons.
There’s only one thing that can make fall even better—cannabis! We’ve put together this list of great autumn-inspired cannabis recipes and products for you to enjoy while wrapped up in your favorite knit sweater.
CBD-Infused Pumpkin Spice Latte
Pumpkin Spice lattes get a lot of hate for being basic, but honestly, who doesn’t love the sweet taste of nutmeg, cinnamon, and cloves in their coffee. Fun Fact: McCormick began packaging the spice blend called “pumpkin pie spice” back in 1934, but the blend was used for much more than just holiday pie filling.
Because spices have been historically expensive, spice blends like McCormick’s pumpkin pie spice were cheaper ways for home cooks to acquire several different spices at one time. Over the years, the spice blend has inspired hundreds of recipes, including the infamous pumpkin spice latte.
A traditional latte is made with espresso, but for this recipe, we’ll be using strong black coffee.
- In a small saucepan combine 1 cup of black coffee, 3 tablespoons of pumpkin puree, 1 tablespoon sugar, 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice, ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract. Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- While the saucepan is warming, add 2 cups of milk into a milk frother over medium heat. When the milk begins to heat (do not let it boil), move the frother in a circular motion until foam begins to form
- In a mug of your choosing, combine the coffee mixture with one dropper of full-spectrum CBD oil.
- Hold back the foam with a spoon, and pour your desired amount of milk into the mug.
Halloween Themed Cannabis Strains
In most of the country, October’s famous for the spooky decorations, trick-or-treating kids, and outrageous costume parties. But, in the marijuana capital of the country Humboldt County, Croptober is all about the cannabis harvest. During this month the lion’s share of this country's outdoor-grown cannabis gets picked and trimmed.
What better way to combine these two celebrations than with Halloween-themed strains of cannabis flower. Here’s a few of our favorites:
- Frankenberry: A myrcene-heavy hybrid with a mouthwatering fruity taste that’s definitely more treat than trick.
- Pennywise: This Steven King inspired strain has equal parts CBD and THC—perfectly encouraging the entourage effect.
- Jack Skellington: Journey to Halloween Town with this potent sativa-dominant strain. These fluffy light-green buds are covered in crystally trichomes, and users report intense cerebral effects.
- Ghost OG: An excellently balanced strain with its tingly head buzz and comfortable body high that feels like a warm embrace from shirtless Patrick Swayze.
CBD Bath Bombs
Nothing says fall relaxation better than a hot bath during a cool autumn night. Take your September soak to the next level with a CBD-infused bath bomb. Check out our two faves:
The Prima Bath Gem comes packed with 25 mg of CBD to help release the stress from your body, mind, and spirit. The combination of Epsom salt and curative botanicals like lavender and eucalyptus pair perfectly with the hemp-derived CBD to ensure maximum relaxation.
Kush Queen has combined two fall favorites, hot tea and hot baths, into one exceptional product with their Earl Grey CBD Bath Bomb. Let the aroma of bergamot whisk you away to a place of sublime tranquility.